Male Fertility Services
Male infertility is a common issue that affects approximately 10-15% of couples trying to conceive. Approximately 50% of all infertility cases are due to male infertility, making a comprehensive evaluation important to determine the cause and guide the selection of appropriate treatment options. At Reproductive Gynecology & Infertility, our goal is to provide personalized care to help our patients bring home a healthy baby.
Reproductive Urologist Partners
At RGI, we have established partnerships with expert local male reproductive urologists, including in-network Progyny providers, Summa Health and Posterity Health.
All patients needing reproductive urology will receive a list of partner providers to choose from.
Male Fertility Assessment (Sperm)
We provide a thorough fertility assessment which includes an evaluation of your reproductive health and fertility history.
The first step in assessing sperm health is a semen analysis and baseline assessment. Our evaluation includes:
- In-clinic semen analysis
- If needed, a referral for a telehealth or in-person appointment with a male fertility urology specialist
- Access to digital male fertility education materials
- Lifestyle and behavior recommendations to improve sperm quality
Male Fertility Workup
For males with an abnormal semen analysis, we may refer you to a reproductive urologist for a Male Fertility Workup which provides a comprehensive and personalized approach to evaluating reproductive health.
This workup with Posterity Health includes:
- Initial evaluation
- Physical exam or ultrasound
- Treatment plan
After the initial evaluation, your male fertility specialist will determine if and what additional diagnostic testing may be necessary to create a personalized treatment plan. The initial evaluation can be completed either in-person or virtually.
A Wide Range of Male Fertility Services
At RGI, we offer a range of male fertility services for all patients, including:
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (RPL) Consult
- Second Opinions
- Fertility Preservation (Sperm Freezing)
- Gender Affirmation Care
- Percutaneous surgical sperm retrieval for IVF (PESA or TESE)
- Testicular Microdissection
- Vasectomy Reversal
- Varicocele and Bilateral Varicocele Repairs